Write My Life Story is brainchild of IIM Alums who have now decided to bring a change in a common person’s life. We believe that every one has a story to tell but do not have a writer to write. We bridge that gap.
This is a remote job. Writers who have have experience of writing short biographies / fiction novels are preferred. Expected compensation : As per industry standards and your experience.
Please send your resume and previous work done by you for assessment on [email protected]
When you sign up for a writing project with us, your responsibilities shall be as following:
- Conduct sessions with client over days/weeks via Zoom/Hangouts platform to capture life story as told by the client.
- Write a draft version of story and use auto-editing tools (as given by us) to match the pre decided standards.
- Interact with Lead editor to make necessary changes in the manuscript.
- Get client’s approval by summarizing / showing your work and handing over the story to printing team.
- The story is expected to between 50-100 pages (250 words on each page)
Your roles shall also include:
- Use a qualitative researcher’s approach to make client remember more about a certain life event to make the story more interesting.
- Understand the emotions of client and decide the right place to stop or start.
- Basis client’s choice, frame the story in biographical or fictional format.
Important Points for a Writer:
- According to company’s policy you cannot reuse the names / characters / important events that you learn during the process of talking to clients.
- Any incident, if found when you are found to use the information matching to that of client, will be punishable by law.
- Your name will appear as a writer in the book as “Story Writer” and a monolouge will be allowed only upon client’s discretion.
- You are not allowed to keep a copy of the book written by you any format, whatsoever may be the case.