Why do you want to hire a freelance content writer?
Maybe, you are you too busy to write. Or, you need to post more content and improve SEO on your website, you want specialists to handle a part of your blog, have too many sites to manage, your client wants you to take care of the content alongside marketing, or you are planning to start a website in a niche of which you have no knowledge of – reasons could be many. But sooner or later, you will have to engage more people to create content for your blog or website, if it’s growing. What to do then?
You have to decide then, whether you want to hire a full-time content writer, a freelancer, or maybe a content writing agency.
A freelancer as a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a long term employer.
Pros and cons of hiring a full-time in-house writer
- Readily available to fulfil your requests!
- In-house writers are useful when you need regular and bulk content, and he/she is someone you can trust.
- Less variation in writing style.
- If he/she is a lousy writer, then you can’t replace that person until the contract expires.
- In-house writers are found to be less productive and less dedicated to their task.
Pros and cons of hiring freelance writers
- Freelancers have a fear of losing the clients and potential income-earning opportunities which makes them more dedicated and attentive.
- Freelancers generally have diverse work experience, so usually, they are more flexible and creative. Alternatively, you can hire multiple freelancers to maintain variation in your content.
- More budget-friendly option as you will find a lot of freelancers who take less pay in comparison to In-house writers.
- You can upscale and downscale your workforce anytime.
- Finding perfect freelancers is a troublesome task.
- You might need to face multiple issues if you end up hiring a bad freelance writer. For example:
- A bad freelance writer will result in plagiarised content, which might negatively hamper your website and your position in organic searches.
- Failure to meet deadlines will also make a wrong impression on the clients, and they will be the cause of you losing money and projects!
- Your website will be getting less traffic due to the low quality of content.
The above fallouts may result in massive loss of money for you as well as Google punishing you by not making your content available to potential users and less traffic means your website will be shutting down for good!
On the contrary, if you end up hiring good freelance writers, you can grow your website and business with high-quality content for a fraction of the cost of hiring in-house writers.