About the job
AutoGrid Company Overview
AutoGrid builds software applications that enable a smarter Energy Internet. The company’s suite of Energy Internet applications allows utilities, electricity retailers, renewable energy project developers and energy service providers cheap, clean & reliable energy by managing networked b energy resources (DERs) in real time and at scale. applications are all built on the AutoGrid Energy Internet Platform (EIP), with patented Predictive Controls™ technology that leverages of smart meter, sensor & third-party data, along with powerful data science & high-performance computing algorithms, to monitor, predict, optimize and control the operations of millions of assets connected across global energy networks.
The world’s leading energy companies, including ON, Bonneville Power Administration, Florida Power & Light, Southern California Edison, Eneco, Portland General Electric, CPS Energy, New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, NextEra Energy, Xcel Energy & CLEAResult, are using AutoGrid’s software to improve their operations, integrate and drive deeper engagement with their customers. The Cleantech Group has recognized AutoGrid with several prestigious industry awards, including Greentech Media’s Grid Edge Award 2016, Bloomberg New Energy Pioneer 2016, World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2015, Red Herring Top 100 North America 2015, Cleantech Global 100 for 2015 and 2014, and Industrial Innovation Company of the Year 2014.
About AutoGrid INDIA
AutoGrid India Pvt. Ltd. a 100% subsidiary of AutoGrid Systems, Inc., in Bangalore in Q4 2016 with a focus on Internet/big data/analytics product engineering and business activities in the smart energy domain.
Principal Technical Writer
As a Principal Technical Writer you will join our R&D team, which is a fast paced, results-oriented, hands-on group focused on delivering end-to-end business and technical solutions to AutoGrid’s enterprise customers and partners. The solutions delivered include AutoGrid Flex and AutoGrid Engage suite of applications along with newer big data and data science driven solutions, built on the industry leading Energy Internet Platform.
The Technical Writer must be truly cross-functional: working closely with many internal stakeholders including – the engineering team, solutions architects, product managers, and the implementation team. In your role, you will provide technical content creation, assist in product and solution documentation efforts, manage release notes and actively manage knowledge sharing databases. Through your coordination, content, and communication – you will enable AutoGrid’s existing and future customers to receive the most up-to-date and relevant information. Excellent written and communication skills plus a passionate, optimistic attitude are a must.
This candidate will also play a key role in packaging the release notes along with the core product release cycles and automated deployment of the required technical components in our stack. Our ideal candidate has the following experience and skills.
Experience with any content management systems (Confluence & JIRA)
Experience of writing and editing for SDK Documentation for Development Community
Experience of publishing API Documentation Online, Swagger Documentation etc
Experience with Agile development cycles.
Knowledge of DITA specializations, style sheets, XSLT transformations.
Experience of working with a translation team to produce PDFs and online help in multiple languages.
The Principal Technical Writer will focus on:Scalability: ensure the platform is able to scale – example of scalability items: devices to dispatch, notifications.
API: work with the engineering team to ensure:
APIs are properly defined and implemented to meet internal and external needs.
APIs are properly documented.
Infrastructure: work with the DEVOPS and Engineering teams to maintain an efficient infrastructure and reduce costs.
Architecture: work with the architecture team to ensure:
The architecture is scalable and resilient.
The architecture is able to meet customer requirements.
The data model is consistent among the multiple services and allows the integration of new features.
Areas of Coverage working with Systems Engineering Team (DevOps)
Work with Systems Engineers to ensure internal monitoring.
Work with Engineering to develop customer facing monitoring capabilities.
Security: work with the Chief Information Security Officer to scope in the roadmap and implement critical security items.
Test automation: support the scrum team to implement test automation for all new features.
Delivery: Support delivery team to ensure seamless integration and deployments.
- 7+ years of relevant writing and editing experience.
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills.
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with structured writing techniques.
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules.
- Helps develop and fine-tune documentation processes.
- Understands the customer requirements and ensures that its implemented into the documentation.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
- B.Tech/BE/BA/MA/BS/MS (Engineering, humanities, social sciences).
Benefits and Perks
- Attractive MNC-standards CTC – based on skills, education, experience and past CTC
- Collaborative, close-knit, informal & open environment with a strong leadership team
- Opportunity to be working with a really smart and fun group of people on solving BIG problems in
- CUTTING-EDGE technology domains for a HUGE EMERGING global industry
- Medical & accident insurance coverage, travel support, and free home broadband
- AutoGrid will offer high end MacBook Pro, computer screens, and other hardware for you to work from home comfortably.
- Flexibility in working hours and working location
Powered by JazzHR
You must sign in to apply for this position.