Lead Technology Writer
To support our international expansion, Bitcoin Wednesday is looking for a versatile writer with a strong interest in new technology and — above all — a talent for making complex subjects understandable and fun to read. In this role you’ll be part of the team and behind the scenes of the longest-running monthly cryptocurrency conference in The Netherlands featuring some of the most important names in the industry.
One of the challenges of the assignment is writing engaging, insightful and compelling pieces in a diverse array of styles and content formats — both feature and news, interviews, research reports and copy for digital, print, e-mail, social engagement, videos, ad campaigns and commercials — to educate and raise awareness about what may prove to be one of the most exiting tech revolutions of our lifetime. In particular, we’re looking for writer who can take a leadership role in executing strategies but who can also manage the details and deliver on day-to-day responsibilities.
- BA/BS or MA degree in English, journalism, marketing or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years experience as a writer, editor, journalist or copywriter.
- Affinity for learning about cutting edge, disruptive technologies and making complex subjects accessible for different audiences through storytelling.
- Confident, dynamic personality.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal skills and a great portfolio.
- Comfort taking initiative in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Talent for setting priorities and meeting deadlines to maximize efficiency and business impact.
- Disciplined and driven, excellent strategically and tactically.
- Naturally well-organized with exceptional work habits.
- A sharp eye for accuracy and detail and an unbreakable commitment to results.
- And last but not least, exceptional writing talent.
- Experience with popular science and tech journalism.
- High writing IQ and proficiency with writing for multiple channels.
- Understanding of SEO, consumer metrics, market segmentation and analytics.
- Good instincts for finding stories that others have missed.
- Experience with working with decentralized, international organizations.
- Familiarity with and interest in Scrum / Agile methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated skill in delivering results very quickly by taking initiative and building productive relationships.
- Proven ability to lead and improve content development through ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal oversight while accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments.
- High level of personal integrity, and value working for an enterprise with a higher mission and vision, above and beyond the typical corporate business.
- Refined communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Write daily pieces designed for multiple marketing channels and formats that make cryptocurrencies, blockchain tech and related topics engaging and accessible.
- Interview industry experts, and featured brands.
- Translate strategic business objectives into creative content development plans with clear production targets.
- Maintain content publishing schedules with a sense of urgency, support launches and campaigns.
- Brainstorm and support the content creation, distribution and marketing team.
- Proofread, fact-check and copy edit.
- Monitor and evaluate performance and take action on arising issues.
- Keep up to date on new and emerging technology as the industry evolves.
- Apply industry best practices in design, development and execution.
- Deliver innovative writing that results in engaging customer experiences.
You choose your own working times and locations. We are distributed all over the world and are active around the clock 7 days a week. We track progress with project management and care about what you produce and your ability to document it, not how many hours you spent. Relocation is not required. However, in some cases, assuming exceptional performance, we offer the option for team members to travel and relocate.
We offer an attractive compensation package that includes performance bonuses, plus flexible working times, challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to a higher mission beyond the standard corporate atmosphere. You will not just be handling administrative paperwork; your ideas can make a big impact here.
To apply, please mail your CV(PDF format), one or two examples of your writing and salary requirements.
We will prefer the immediate joiners or those who can join us within 15 days.While applying please mention how many words you can write per day.Please note that our preference is for Technology writers those who can write day to day updates related to the technology.
You must sign in to apply for this position.