The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions is focused on enhancing outcomes for investment and Aladdin clients with actionable portfolio insights through analytics in collaborations with investors, portfolio consultants and risk managers that strengthen the efficacy of decisions made on behalf of clients. The Analytics Content Management (ACM) Team within PAG supports an ambitious agenda to ensure Aladdin’s risk management capabilities define the state-of-the-practice. ACM plays a coordinating role in defining product strategy, curating client and prospect feedback, establishing product roadmaps, conceptualizing, designing, testing and deploying new capabilities, working closely with financial modelers, engineers, and users of Aladdin. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential
- Collaborate with partners in the broader BlackRock Solutions and Aladdin Product Group teams to define the product story for ex-ante portfolio risk content and capabilities in the Aladdin platform
- Engage with clients and prospects both directly and indirectly through relationship managers to provide subject matter expertise and to capture product feedback and user stories
- Lead an analytical content management team responsible for orchestrating all aspects of the model development lifecycle and acting as a business analyst responsible for specifications/requirements, data and infrastructure planning, user acceptance testing, deployment and release communications
- Develop and retain a robust client-facing team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship.
- Build the right talent balance by assessing skill sets and provide ongoing mentoring and feedback to team members and managers in order to meet objectives. Develop and retain a robust client-facing team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skill sets and provide ongoing mentoring and feedback to team members and managers in order to meet objectives.
- Talent Development: Develop and retain a robust team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skillsets and provide ongoing mentoring and feedback to team members and managers in order to meet objectives
- Engage with partner teams that manage production and quality control processes
- Provide subject matter expertise and coordination to resolve client inquiries that are escalated by Aladdin Client Service
- Author and maintain documentation around models and related infrastructure
- Thought Leadership: Build and share expertise through client interaction, industry conferences, relevant trade publications, etc. Partner with client teams to drive adoption and address novel use cases
Skills / Experience
- 10+ years of experience dealing with portfolio risk software/solutions
- Strong understanding and experience in ex-ante Portfolio Risk Models, Stress Testing Techniques including Parametric, Full Revaluations, Historical simulation, stress testing, etc
- Practical experience in financial technology product management/development
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team in an outcome-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations, communicate up and down the organization and influence partners and stakeholders
- Resourceful, pro-active and able to prioritise and navigate in a fast-paced environment
- Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Management or some other quantitative background. Advanced degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or GARP designation is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.