About the Role
The dynamic nature of our self-serve platform will provide you with an immense opportunity to use your writing ability and technical curiosity to make our users understand the platform in form of guides, documentation, promo material, etc. You’ll work with engineers, marketing, sales, and product (almost everyone :P) to understand user needs and the different working and use-cases of the platform.
What you’ll do
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Write easy-to-understand product documentation, guides, tutorials that meet the needs of the target audience.
- Create detailed step-by-step guides of the different features/use-cases/integrations/how-tos of the platform.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Reviewing new and existing content and social channels to explore new opportunities and improving existing content and strategies.
- Writing social posts, promotional content, product emails, and collecting new requirements from audience feedback.
- Define standards and style guidelines that help other writers.
- Write SEO-friendly content with the right use of keywords, hashtags, and other requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience writing user-facing documentation and other forms of technical content.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience writing for the web, software, or cloud technologies.
- Understanding of writing SEO-friendly content.
- Proven ability to organize and structure documents.
- Established ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Proven ability to independently propose and plan documentation solutions to known problems.
- Experience crafting API documentation or code examples.
- You have experience writing about web services and knowledge of the various pieces of interacting technologies behind services.
- You have design and/or data analytics skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all project stakeholders in distributed locations.
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives.
- Collaborate with designers for creative requirements
- Open to remote work
- Travel Reimbursement
- Book Club
- National Holidays
- Technical Aid
- Canonic Merchandise
- Free Canonic Individual subscription
- Learning Opportunities
- Awesome like-minded team
- Fun, quirky, open culture
- Small team, more potential for impact
- Learn, experiment, grow and eventually lead
You must sign in to apply for this position.