About the job
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
As our SEO Associate Specialist, you will ensure SEO best practices are implemented and find SEO gaps and opportunities. This is a full-time position based in India on a work from home set-up.
- Work closely with product and development teams to ensure SEO best practices are implemented on new feature releases
- Work with content and local marketing teams to drive content creation for SEO landing pages and blogs
- Perform ongoing competitor analysis, site audits, keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Responsible for meta tags and on-page/content optimization to help improve user-experience and review the implementation regularly
- Create & optimize SEO landing pages for the potential target keywords
- Develop and implement link building strategy using competitor analysis
- Create dashboards to track/monitor SEO performance
- Min 2 years and above hands-on and proven experience in SEO.
- Experience in using SEO/analytics tools like Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience in working with single page applications and PWA is a plus
- Experience in SQL, BQ & Data Studio is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
About the company
At Carousell, we believe in more than just buying and selling. We believe in the power of possibilities that people bring to the process. Through every buyer, seller and listing, we believe there’s opportunity beyond the transactional. Our mission is to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another, on a global scale.
Carousell was founded by Siu Rui, Lucas and Marcus back in August 2012 – whereby the focus is to give our users the tools to solve problems- whether it’s decluttering or earning side income- there are possibilities for everyone. We believe that technology is an enabler to solve meaningful problems at scale. We are crafting the most seamless user experience for people to sell what they don’t need and find what they need.