Creatie is HIRING!
We’re looking for sharp-eyed, detail-oriented, and smart Copy Editors to join our team!
An ideal candidate must possess expert-level English language and grammar skills, which will translate to meticulous copy review. This function involves checking copy for grammar, spellings, and punctuation errors, accuracy, plagiarism, and overall flow.
An ideal candidate must also have the presence of mind and must know / learn about the industries they would be working on to carry out proper fact-checks.
Your daily assignments entail:
- Reviewing a range of written materials, from blog posts to creative copies
- Ensuring the produced content is original
- Ensuring the content is factually correct
- Rewriting copies whenever necessary
- Occasional article/blog/press release/web content writing (whenever the situation calls for it)
- Write, edit, and proofread copies, as well as add value to copies, to produce compelling and cohesive content that is readable by a whole range of online readers.
- Edit ~10,000 to 12,000 words on daily basis.
- Sometimes include writing ~8,000 – 10,000 words in a day’s work.
- Edit & proofread documents for grammatical, spelling, factual, and technical issues.
- Ensure lucid, natural, verbal language (not bookish!) and flow of communication.
- Retain original intended meaning/message of the writer/author while editing/rewriting.
- Write the comments (in the margins) explaining the revisions, including comments to the author.
- Respond to order/assignment notifications promptly and meet deadlines.
Note: In case of difficulty meeting a deadline, notify your Project Manager/Managing Editor immediately and well in advance of deadline.
- Stick to the deadlines – but don’t forget to maintain high quality.
- These two are sacrosanct.
- Be prepared to explain yourself in cases of errors on your part.
- Remember, editors are meant to ensure quality control and accountability of an agency. So, an error you missed to address is your mistake!
- Be prepared to explain yourself to clients’ queries relating to the document you’ve edited.
- Someone who can write/edit independently without having to depend on AI apps, like
- Grammarly or Hemingway Editor to write well and error-free.
Note: Apps can’t replace human talent for true creativity, proper judgment, and local nuances.
- Native fluency in English.
Command over advanced English language
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any stream/discipline
- Adaptability to write in US/UK/Indian English
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Fluid fact-checking abilities
- Attentiveness to details
- Minimum 4 years’ professional editing experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word
- Strong technical writing skills
- A keen eye for errors in writing
Preferred Qualities & Qualifications:
- Independent & self-motivated
Previous experience at a professional editing firm (newspaper, magazine, content provider, publishing house, etc.)
- We’re proud to announce that we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Creatie was founded on the idea that every writer and editor have the basic right to be respected, appreciated, and successful.
- They are also responsible and accountable for the work and time they put into the growth of this agency and of themselves.
- And, that means that we place equal importance on the buyers (our clients) and the literary producers (our writers and editors).
Our vision as an employer:
- Creating a work environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated, and anyone can succeed and thrive.
- Send your applications, with your updated CV & prior work samples under the Subject Line “Content Editor” to [email protected]
Note: Candidates without CV & prior work sample will be automatically disqualified.
You must sign in to apply for this position.