Website GE Healthcare
Job Description Summary
In this role you will be responsible for working in a team setting on small components of larger technical writing projects. You will work under the supervision of others and receive action plans from them regularly.GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Participate in partnering with stakeholders and team members to produce high quality technical documentation
- Create various types of user documentation including manuals, guides, presentations and more
- Analyze complex technical systems and software and fill any gaps in existing documentation
- Obtain appropriate information from subject matter experts and establish reproducible method for generating clear and concise documentation in accordance with professional standards
- Establish and evaluate effective document presentation methods
- Actively participate in daily Scrum stand-up meetings, weekly planning and review meetings
- Coordinate all translations and vendor relationships as required
Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field 3+ years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proficient with various authoring tools like Madcap Flare, Oxygen XML, Adobe RoboHelp and content management tools like Perforce, Astoria and Github.
- Proficiency in editing (QA for documentation) – ability to recognize errors and opportunities for developmental improvement in a variety of information deliverables
- Skilled at researching and leveraging information architecture principles to create a content structure that supports a wide variety of information types and deliverables
- Basic understanding of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes, their application to projects, and how to drive information development in these processes
- Basic understanding of the major aspects of software design, development, and QA and ability to leverage this understanding to inform planning and execution for information development projects
- Previous experience in writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Basic domain and product knowledge, including appropriate terminology, with a clear understanding of product line(s) and offerings, competitive landscapes and associated industries
- Basic project management skills/ ability to lead a writing project: ability to coordinate work of other writers, accurately estimate scope and time, create and work to deadlines, take multiple variables (including other functional areas) into account when setting a schedule
Inclusion and Diversity
- GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters.
- Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
- Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities.
- Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
You must sign in to apply for this position.