Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we’re currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We’re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Experience researching and writing documentation for developers.
- Experience with public Cloud technologies, ML/AI technologies, and/or Big data systems (e.g., Data Warehousing, Analytics, MapReduce, SQL).
- 9 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and ever-changing environments.
- Ability to learn and document new technologies.
- Ability to understand source code (i.e. Java and Python).
About The Job
- Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience.
- The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material.
- Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
- Technical Writers take intricate information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- You’ll help cultivate Google Cloud’s growth by enabling leaders and teams to make data-driven decisions for Google Cloud.
- You’ll learn about several Cloud products and collaborate with several different teams and functions in Google Cloud.
- As a Technical Writer, you’ll work with engineering and business teams to publish clear, accurate, and concise documentation for these products and features.
- Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions.
- We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future.
- Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Write technical documentation, including overviews, how-to guides, user guides, and API references.
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation gaps, and drive new projects, keeping a focus on customer needs.
- Define documentation requirements and work with engineers to create and update internal and external documentation.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Edit, clarify, and enhance documents written by engineers.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law.
- If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
You must sign in to apply for this position.