About the job
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, Human-Computer
- Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience on user-focused product writing including work in hardware, software, digital agency, or other relevant product area.
- Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Experience leading large, complex content strategies for user experiences, from notifications to structuring content in the UI.
- Experience partnering with designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and localization.
- Experience creating word lists and style guidelines.
About The Job
As a UX writer, you are an advocate for Google design, shaping product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete tasks. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, your portfolio of work demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience. You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
As a UX Writer, your contributions make Enterprise Google Cloud experiences come alive and ensures that users are able to effectively complete key tasks within Google Cloud Platforms and Google Cloud Storage. Your words will actively contribute to the excitement about the product and the engagement with its features. You’ll ensure consistency with UX, Product, and company standards while finding opportunities to innovate and thoughtfully diverge as appropriate. You’ll be an active partner in design and a committed user advocate.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Help define the role of content in user journeys across a rapidly evolving product in Google Cloud.
- Co-design cloud computing workflows with your UX teammates, helping to name, frame, and explain complex features of these workflows.
- Explore user needs across the user experience, including UI text, in-product tutorials, APIs, and documentation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
You must sign in to apply for this position.