Technical writers are skilled wordsmiths that typically develop product manuals, how-to guides, website help sections, journal articles, and other content that distils technical information with ease and clarity.
Because of our commitment to Client satisfaction, has grown into an industry leader. The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. Were searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our Client focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyse complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Work and assist in creating, editing, and reviewing comprehensive technical
documents such as user guides, online help, in-app documents and technical specifications
- Coordinate with Software Engineers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the platform, its features and updates.
- Analyze the information elicited to create accurate and reliable material that can be understood by technical and non-technical users.
- Help review and maintain technical documents to ensure its consistency and alignment with the latest version of the platform.
QUALIFICATIONS: Training, licenses, memberships, and certifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in relevant technical field
- 4+ years industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
P.S. Even if this job is not for you, perhaps you have a friend who’d be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!
NOTE: When we receive your job application for any of our clients at HackerTrail we create an account for you on HackerTrail.com so we can keep track of your application, and progress your candidature. You can choose to have your HackerTrail account deleted at any time by sending an email to [email protected] from the email address listed on your resume
You must sign in to apply for this position.