About the Job
Staff Tech Writer
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We are much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Creating economic opportunities for every member of the global workforce is a responsibility we all share. To truly transform the global economy, we must evolve the way we hire and enable our talent to serve people of all backgrounds and experiences. LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Staff Technical Writer to join our Partner Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with engineering and operations teams to help plan, write, and edit external engineering documentation at LinkedIn.
• To be considered for this role, you must provide 2-3 samples of your writing with an explanation of what your role was for each sample.
– Write and organize external engineering documentation and make it accessible and useful to engineers.
– Document complex internal and external APIs, infrastructure, systems, tools, and software engineering practices.
– Drive planning and execution of innovative solutions to empower external developers to help – –
– API implementation with minimal support from engineering teams.
– Work with engineers and teams to help solve their information problems.
– Represent the Technical Documentation team on project teams and perform technical project leadership roles, while fostering teamwork and collaboration within and across workgroups.
– Lead the Tech Writing team on Quarterly goals, success metrics, and impact and provide Monthly/Quarterly executive reports.
– Assist with engineering blog posts, conference papers, and presentations.
– Participate in documentation craftsmanship efforts, including design and development of documentation distribution systems, writing and editing processes, and best practices.
– Help to improve the process of organizing and generating documentation.
– Experience with API writing and development procedures, designing and organizing content for existing/new API products
– Experience working with customer support teams and clients to collect requirements for doc updates
– B.A. or B.S. in Technical Communications, computer science, or a related field
7+ years experience as a technical writer
– 10+ years experience as a technical writer
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong work ethic and drive for high-quality results
– Experience with software development practices and tools (such as Git and command-line interfaces)
– Experience working with multiple cross functional teams and leading Tech Writers
– Experience making API calls through clients such as Postman or curl
– Knowledge of Python, Java, or other programming language
– Experience with in-code documentation systems (such as Sphinx)
India Disability Policy
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. For more information on our equal opportunity policy, please visit http://careers.jobvite.com/linkedin/India-LinkedIn-Equal-Opportunity-for-Persons-With-Disabilities-Policy-2018.pdf
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice
You must sign in to apply for this position.