About the Job
A Quant Workflow Specialist empowers customers in the quantitative investment market to maximize the value they receive from our value-added content, analytics, and efficient research tools by providing specialist expertise to identify new solutions, support complex customer service requests, and advise customers towards the best workflow experience. A Quant Content Specialist specifically combines equity and index market data content knowledge and usage with analytical research and moderate scripting skills to provide expert support to Quant Analysts and Data Scientists and ensure our internal database processes yield the most complete and accurate delivery of Refinitiv and external vendor Quant datasets.
A Quant Content Specialist supports daily client data queries involving corporate actions, market pricing, and capital events including merger and acquisition activity. A Specialist also manages the sophisticated historical company mapping that enables alignment and seamless access across internal and external datasets. Customer engagement often results in data quality projects, and a Quant Content Specialist manages these enhancement projects to completion. Communication and interaction with the Quant Workflow Specialist – Product Specialist support team as well as back-end Operations and Development teams is critical.
Respond to client inquiries in a timely, accurate manner by researching, explaining and correcting (where necessary) content via internal created editors
Research daily corporate events and changes to listings on the major exchanges for internal dissemination and guidance to several content teams, portfolio warehouse and operations
Maintain and monitor daily checks on QA Direct to ensure they are complete, running as scheduled and produce viable output
Collaborate with the development team on new content ingestion and upgrades to current collection for correct Quant usage, understanding and mapping
Manage significant customer projects, commonly involving changes to methodology and historical data cleanses.
Work with the Quant Workflow Specialist – Product Specialist support team to create new data checks when large scale issues are detected
Manage mapping and logic across over 50 content sets to Refinitiv’s unique security master identifiers
Skills And Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in Market Data Content with a focus on Global Equities and Indices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – must have proven written client interaction
- Must have working knowledge of how corporate events & changes impact various securities – i.e. capital events
- Organized and Research oriented with a thorough understanding of financial market sources to solve complex client issues and expedite responses
- Ability to work in a fast paced evolving team environment
- Ability to adjust to changing tasks, work independently and take initiative
PREFERRED Skills And Experience
Understanding of other asset classes (i.e. Options, Futures, Commodities, Fixed Income)
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are helpful
Prior experience with SQL programming/queries would be extremely helpful.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent work experience in the financial markets is required
- Shift timings: Afternoon shift: 3 PM to 12 AM
- People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
- At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
- We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
- LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
- We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
- As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
- Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
- If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
You must sign in to apply for this position.