About the Job
Opentext – The Information Company
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
An OpenText Content Server Lead Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of the xECM based solutions. Such delivery activities encompass the design, development, deployment, testing and documentation of specific software components – either providing extensions to specific items of core product functionality or implementing specific system integration components. This role has a heavy deployment and administration emphasis, combined with the consultative skills required to promote the impression of quality and excellence actively fostered within the Professional Services team.
You Are Great At
- Work within an OpenText technical delivery team in order to:
- Participate and contribute to technical design & deployment activities.
- Participate in the day to day administration of the systems, including Incident & Problem Management
- Participate in planning and execution of new implementations, upgrades and patching activities.
- Participate in the advanced configuration of ECM software components, in line with project and customer time scales.
- To co-ordinate project delivery through multiple teams that may include 3rd party suppliers, partners and client resources.
- Actively contribute in automating provisioning, patching and upgrade activities where possible to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Actively seek new opportunities by working with the customer and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extend the scope of profitable business.
- Actively use and contribute to the project management standards and quality checks used within OpenText Professional Services.
- Understand requirements, conduct detailed design, determine level of effort, plan work breakdown structures and implementation approach
- Perform code reviews and periodic quality checks to ensure delivery quality is maintained
- Prepare, maintain and submit activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keep project managers informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Provide inputs as part of engagement closure on project learnings and suggest improvements
- Manage expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via web, telephone, or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy.
- Respond to and solve customer technical requests, show an understanding of the customer’s managed hosted environment and applications within the Open Text enabling resolution of complex technical issues. Document or Implement proposed solutions.
- Respond to and troubleshoot alerts from monitoring of applications, servers and devices sufficient to meet service level agreements
- Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including Product support, IT, and Professional Services.
What It Takes
Well versed with deployment, administration and troubleshooting of the OpenText xECM platform and surrounding components (Content Server, Archive Center, Brava, OTDS, Search & Indexing) and integrations with SAP, SuccessFactors, Salesforce.
Good Experience/knowledge On Following
- Experience delivering service using ITIL methodology
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX, and Application administration skills in a TCP/IP networked environment.
- Experience working with relational DBMS (PostgreSQL/Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL)
- Familiarity with configuration and management of web/application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, Web Services, LDAP configuration, and RDBMS concepts.
- Experience in installing and configuring xECM in HA and knowledge in DR setup/drill.
- Experince in patching, major upgrades and data migration activities.
Candidate Should Possess
- Ability to lead small technical team, review technical deliverables and provide technical guidance to the team
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to use own initiative to resolve problems and to obtain relevant information needed to perform a given task
- Highly motivated
- Good in Communication
- Enjoy working in an international environment
- Team player, result-driven, ambitious, responsible
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and communicating
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email [email protected] Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act
You must sign in to apply for this position.