About the job
We are looking for a young and energetic Content Writer to join our marketing team for creating and curating sports/fitness content for our users. Please note that our content focus is on socially engaging content arounds sports and fitness, rather than traditional sports journalism-styled news. We would urge you to visit https://blog.playo.co/ to familiarize yourself with our content focus.
- Plan the content pipeline in conjunction with the senior management team and in line with the editorial guidelines and policies
- Writing original and relevant stories, articles, listicles, promotional and SEO content pertaining to sports and fitness through conducting research and interviews as required
- Source original and relevant articles from our existing network of freelance writers, including copy-editing of sourced content and checking for plagiarism while ensuring compliance with editorial policies
- Continuously curate publicly available content from other websites, including Youtube with a focus on video formats pertaining to sports and fitness
- Coordinate with the inhouse graphic designer to illustrate articles and obtain relevant images
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, grammar, spelling, fonts, images and tone) in all articles while maintaining best SEO practices
- Track content outreach, views, and effectiveness to continuously calibrate the content strategy
- 1-2 years of experience as a content writer, preferably at a digital publishing platform
- An avid sports and fitness buff consuming insane amounts of sports content (besides live games and highlights) with great communication and writing skills
- Strong communication and writing skills with a flair for understanding content consumption by Playo users
- Familiarity with WordPress and a basic understanding of SEO. Knowledge of Google Search Console &
- Google Analytics would be an added advantage
Believe you have what it takes to join us on the playfield? If so, drop us an email indicating “Content Writer” in the subject line with your cover note and resume to [email protected] Do indicate why you believe you are best suited for this role and your current/expected compensation.
You must sign in to apply for this position.