About the job
The Red Hat Customer Content Services team is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Application Services team in Pune, India. In this role, you will join a team responsible for the user documentation and premium content that accompany Red Hat offerings, available online through Red Hat’s customer portal. You’ll work closely with developers, engineers, and other subject matter experts to create and maintain content that helps our customers successfully use Red Hat offerings and solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with content strategists, documentation program managers, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high quality documentation
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
- Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to direct
- customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Keep up-to-date on changes to our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue tracking tools
- 7+ years of enterprise-level technical writing or information architecture experience, or equivalent
- Familiarity with version control systems; experience and comfort with Git is a big plus
- Ability to collaborate in a global team environment, proactively engage subject matter experts, and follow through on commitments
- Experience with agile and comfort with rapid iteration and fast delivery
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating and directly interacting with globally-distributed stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry best practices
- Familiarity with Java is a big plus
- Working knowledge and experience operating in a Linux environment using the command line is a plus
- Familiarity with Red Hat’s products and related industry offerings is a plus
- Experience working on community-sourced projects is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
You must sign in to apply for this position.