Reporting to the Manager – Digital Analytics & Strategy, the Content Design Lead will be responsible for the smooth creation and delivery of industry-leading content across our solutions. Working alongside our Content Marketing and Digital Strategists, you will deliver content for video, digital and printed channels. This role is best suited for someone that likes to delve into the topic and problem, unearthing the most practical solutions and compelling audience-focused angles to communicate.
You must be an excellent writer, able to take any brief and weave some magic with your words. A bit of marketing flair wouldn’t go astray either. You must be a confident communicator; in writing, on the phone and in person, able to conduct interviews, and front up to client meetings. You need to have a can-do attitude, with a genuine focus on building a long-term career for yourself in this industry.
What It’s Really Like
An average day at Simplify Healthcare will see you performing some, if not all, of these duties:
Coming in early in the morning to write news stories for a particular industry.
Putting together some of our monthly newsletters (both writing stories and creating campaigns).
Interviewing a Product Lead or our Leadership team to roll out thought leadership content pieces and turning that interview into gold.
Brainstorming ideas on launching playbooks for our products.
We work hard, but not crazy hours, and we’re always flexible. If you’re focused on getting a job done well, you’ll love it. If you’re looking for an easy-ride or are a clock-watcher, swipe left!
Who You Are
You’re a whip smart copywriter and content producer who’s able to translate complex ideas into a compelling story across formats and channels. You love and consume content, and you’re tapped into what’s trending right now within the industry, what’s driving conversation, what people are interacting with, and what technology they’re using to stay connected. You’re insatiably curious, and you love talking to people and finding out what makes them tick.
Most importantly, you’re a skilled writer and content creator. You’ll need to shift seamlessly between writing long-form and technical content pieces (blogs, case studies, whitepapers, eBooks, etc.), ideating creative concepts for campaigns, conducting audience research, creating social content, optimising for SEO, writing video scripts, and devise content strategies.
- A fearless command of the English language and impeccable grammar.
- Big picture thinking but also attention to detail.
- An obsession with understanding complex problems and making them simple to understand:
- Translate technical data into user-focused language.
- Work collaboratively with project resources and SMEs to understand process and system changes.
- Actively research our competitors so that you’re always aware of their activity and trends and use this to develop creative insights.
- Internal and external stakeholder management (Sales, Product, Leadership, HR, Digital, etc.).
- Adapting and refining a brand voice to suit any situation or platform:
- Write and edit copy in line with our brand, tone of voice and brand style guidelines, and content strategies.
- Writing, editing, storyboarding and scripting, content for digital and print channels.
- Manage content projects, including commissioning, briefing, editing, and execution:
- Create, own, and manage content and campaign calendars.
- Contribute to creative concepts.
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project lifecycle.
- Create, curate and syndicate content to increase brand awareness and conversion rates.
- Create and refine a content creation workflow to optimise delivery quality and efficiency.
- Establish a set of content templates for each article type.
- Create, maintain, and enforce documents on terminology and writing guidelines.
- Excellent project management, and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once:
- Proactively and strategically plan content to achieve business goals and user needs.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience as a copywriter or editor gained ideally within a B2B environment – experience within B2B technology space will be highly regarded; BA or MA in English, Journalism,
- Technical Writing, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a meticulous attention to detail when proofreading your own or another team member work.
- Results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence copy and output format.
- Extensive experience in related role creating digital content with a demonstrable portfolio of work.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and teamwork skills, with experience leading content design by facilitating content research and stakeholder workshops to inform content recommendations.
- Extensive experience leading the creation and execution of content strategy activities in the digital product space.
- Extensive experience planning for and developing useful, usable content including instructional text, error and confirmation messages, taxonomy, and nomenclature.
- Passion for creating great user experiences with actionable knowledge of the digital landscape including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards.
- A user centric approach to creating content that resonates with and is easily consumed by the target audience.
You must sign in to apply for this position.