About the job
TBY is looking for freelance writers to cover topics ranging from industry, energy, and mining to finance, real estate, and construction across Asia/Asia-Pacific.
We require writers who have excellent English, experience covering some or all of these topics, and are confident producing short to medium-length articles on an ad hoc basis.
We require articles to be fully sourced and completely original.
We are building a list of freelance contributors, and intend to get in touch with applicants whose backgrounds align with our needs as and when we require new material.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, please take a look at the responsibilities outlined below and get in touch with us.
* Write articles of varying lengths for Web and Print, depending on our requirements
* Take direction and be willing to rewrite pieces if necessary
* Be able to fully source all claims and references for our fact-checkers
* Potentially pitch article ideas when a working relationship is established
* Be proficient in English, both written and spoken
* Have experience writing professionally OR have demonstrable ability to do so
* Use Microsoft Office or equivalent to deliver clean texts
* Have a keen eye for detail
* Be punctual and happy to meet occasional tight deadlines
Applicants will ideally submit a portfolio of published work or reasonable samples of original content for assessment.
About The Business Year
The Business Year is a global media group that has been providing investors, businesses, and governments with first-hand insights into the world’s most dynamic markets for over a decade. We conduct hundreds of interviews a week with top decision makers in the Middle East, Latin America, Central and Southeast Asia, Africa, and Europe. Our content is available in printed reports and across an array of digital platforms.
You must sign in to apply for this position.