About the job
About Trekker Warrior Foundation
Trekker Warrior Foundation is a not-for-profit organization run by a young community of environmental conservationists – most of whom are trekkers and mountaineers. We love natural habitats – especially in and around the mountains – and want to preserve their serenity and beauty. We started our journey in 2019 with a simple idea – combine trekking with social good in the mountains and give back to nature while we enjoy being with it. Along the way, we also began working on developing a community (via social media platforms) and creating programs to drive an intention to act in stakeholders. We are a bit different from many organizations working towards similar causes because:
We thoughtfully focus on both action and awareness at the same time. We don’t just tell what to do, first, we do and then we tell others what/how to do it. We have consciously chosen to be action-first.
We are 100% community-run, we recruit highly committed people as ‘Community Owners’, then we train them and support them to help restore the environment in their local communities; we work in the background, as their support team, managing their marketing, logistics, fundraising, and further education.
We are 100% digitally built and managed, which has allowed us to attract a lot of young people to join us and scale significantly (while applying learnings from one place to another). We use social media for very appropriate reasons.
The founding team has four co-founders, all of whom are certified mountaineers, and have been trekking the Himalayas for over a decade. We also have many committed volunteer members and advisors from organizations such as WWF, CEE, etc.
About the internship
This job will directly help in building an organisation in self-sufficiency with regards to finance and non-financial needs.
Selected Intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Generate ideas and opportunities to raise funds, be innovative and yet pragmatic
- Manage database of leads/funders and track their progress of opportunities via Google Sheet
- Present Trekker Warrior to potential funders in your networks with conviction to generate support
- Design educational content and run social media campaigns on personal accounts
- Attend training and workshops aimed to enhance your skills, organized by Trekker Warrior
- Interact with other team members and supported communities and learn from their work
- Give ideas to improve the functioning of the organization
Who can Apply
Only those candidates can apply who :
- Are available for the work from home internship
- Can start from 15th September’21
- Are available for a duration of a minimum of 6 weeks and up to 8 weeks
- Have relevant skills (or passion in developing) – business development, fundraising, marketing, social
- media, content writing, and people management
- Must have a passion for non-profit, climate change, and environmental preservation
- Proficiency in English & Hindi with good writing & communication skills; good with internet technology
- High work ethic and integrity; commitment to succeed and give-back
- Desire and ability to learn, excel and grow
- Passionate about helping and giving back to the society
- World-class training and personal development to become a better professional
- Interaction with industry leaders to learn and grow; opportunity to build powerful networks
- Performance-based stipend with an opportunity to join full time for exceptional candidates
- Certificate of completion, Letter of Recommendation, and Shout-out in social media
You must sign in to apply for this position.