About the Job
We are looking for a Sr. Marketing Content Writer/Lead to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides, and marketing copy including social media content, brochures, corporate presentation, writing guest blog posts on third-party websites or FAQs in Quora/Reddit/Medium and similar sites.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Develop Content Strategy and calendar
- Write clear marketing copy (blogs – long and short, marketing emails, social media teasers, video scripts,
- PR articles, e-books) to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Work with junior team members provides guidance and direction
- Proofread and edit blog posts, social media content, portfolio marketing collateral, newsletters, email content, website content before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO (on-page and off-page) guidelines to increase web traffic, be well versed with competitor’s SEO strategy, content, and keyword strategy, and utilize insights to position Unified Infotech as a unique service provider.
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed by working with our web development team.
- Establish team policies, procedures, conforming to existing brand style, policies, and procedures.
- Measure impact and perform analysis to improve KPIs.
- Contribute to the localization of process and content to ensure consistency across regions
- Review and implement process changes to drive operational excellence
- Proven work experience as a Sr. Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources and developing content strategy
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Having a positive attitude to solve problems in the right spirit. Stay calm when under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Go-getter/innovator/think on his/her own with minimal supervision
- Work collaboratively with team and internal/external stakeholders, senior stakeholders
- B. E. /BTech plus MBA in Marketing; BSc in English, Journalism or related field
- Must have worked in an IT/Software/Technology company and familiar with tech-jargons or can learn quickly to develop the right content.
- 7-9 years of experience in content writing.
- Tool’s experience: Copyscape, SEMrush, Google Trends, Grammarly, Canva, Ubersuggest
Location is not a constraint, Pan India.
(Work from home during the pandemic and once the situation settles down, may have to travel to Bangalore/Kolkata office as the need arises for team meeting/strategic discussions, whereas base location can remain in Kolkata/Bangalore or another place in India)