For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Technical Writer will report to the Technical Publications Manager. As a Technical Writer, you will work with development and test engineers, product managers, technical trainers, and other technical writers to craft and refine technical documentation such as engaging and effective articles, succinct online help, concise tooltips & UI text, on-point videos, and helpful release notes. To do this you will build strong working relationships with the cross-functional product development areas of the company. You must have a hands-on approach to technology and to the products being documented. You will help enhance and expand the current documentation to provide a variety of learning tools for our customers and field.
The Zscaler architecture was built from the ground up as a platform on which new capabilities and services could be developed. And our product management teams have seized the opportunity to extend the platform, delivering a range of powerful services that offer our customers capabilities in threat prevention, visibility, and scalability they have never before had. Zscaler is growing and we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovation and who share our vision of the limitless possibilities of cloud security. As part of the Zscaler PM team, you will be at the forefront of the company’s planning and product roadmap. Join us!
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Craft & maintain online documentation, video tutorials, and all on-screen text
- Own both the process and creation of release notes
- Integrate graphics and illustrations to improve the quality and usability of the documentation
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, and Marketing groups
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
- Mentor junior writers
- 4+ years of experience in technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, and able to think and write in context with the target reader or operator
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in writing online help and knowledge base articles
- Experience with web-based and mobile products
- Experience developing video tutorials
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
You must sign in to apply for this position.